When you’re in the midst of exam revision, maintaining a mindset for SUCCESS can be tricky. If you’ve lost your motivation to study, you’re in the perfect place to give it a boost – these motivational quotes about exam success will remind you to stick to your goals and aim for the top!
You can boost your studies with this quick trick:
- Pick your favourite quote from the list below, and stick it up in large letters somewhere you’ll see every time you study!
And take comfort in one amazing fact: sure, these quotes were written or said by great and successful people – but they were all beginners once, in the midst of studying, just like you.
These handy links will take you right to the motivational exam quotes you need:
Is there a quote that always motivates YOU to succeed? Let us know in the comments!
Quotes on the secrets of success
The great thing about successful people is that they know exactly what it takes to get there! Ready to hear some trade secrets? These motivational quotes will boost your exam success:
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” ― Pelé, Brazillian pro footballer
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” ― General Colin Powell, former US Secretary of State
- “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” ― Bill Cosby, stand-up comedian
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” ― Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” ― David Bly, American politician
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ― Robert Collier, self-help author
- “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when every day you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up.” ― Dwayne Johnson, actor and former pro wrestler“
- The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” ― John D. Rockefeller, widely considered the richest man in modern history
- “Success doesn’t come to you, you go to it.” ― Marva Collins, American educator
- “Recipe for success: Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.” ― William A. Ward, motivational writer
- “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal.” ― Earl Nightingale, author
- “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” ― Beyoncé, 100 million record selling artist
Quotes for facing up to failures
If you’re struggling with your mistakes, the most important thing is that you don’t let them defeat you. Learn from them, and stay inspired for your exams with these motivational quotes:
- “You may encounter many defeats but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” ― Maya Angelou, American civil rights activist and poet
- “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” ― Henry Ford, industrialist founder of the Ford Motor Company
- “Failure doesn’t mean the game is over, it means try again with experience.”― Len Schlesinger, Harvard Business School professor and author
- “And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.” ― Thomas Wayne, Batman’s Dad, in ‘Batman Begins’
- “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” ― H.G. Wells, English writer and sci-fi author
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”― Thomas Edison, businessman and inventor of the phonograph and electric lamp
- “One of the most common causes of failure is quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat.” ― Napoleon Hill, self-help author
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”― Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” ― Michael Jordan, former pro basketball player and businessman
Quotes for creating a success mindset
Having a strong study mindset will get you a long way with your exam revision. Here are some great motivational quotes to remind you what you need to acheive SUCCESS in your exams:
- “The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that’s the day you start to the top.” ― O.J. Simpson, former American football running back
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m Possible’.” ― Audrey Hepburn, actress and humanitarian
- “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” ― William Faulkner, writer and Nobel Prize laureate
- “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”― Maya Angelou, American civil rights activist and poet
- “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same amount of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Di Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” ― H. Jackson Brown Jr., author
- “There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes.” ― John Maxwell, author and leadership expert
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation we are challenged to change ourselves.” ― Viktor Frankl, neurologist, philosopher and Holocaust survivor
- “Make sure your own worst enemy doesn’t live between your two ears.” ― Laird Hamilton, surfer
- “Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” ― Jim Rohn, entrepreneur and motivational speaker
- “There are no limits!” ― The quote on the back of the flapjacks in our college canteen. My friends and I adopted it as something of an exam-term battle cry!
Quotes to motivate you to study harder and smarter
Success depends on hard work, and these motivational quotes will get you fired up to get down to your books, put in that hard graft and beat your exams:
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” ― Vidal Sassoon, hairstylist and philanthropist
- “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy — I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” ― Art Williams, insurance billionaire
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” ― Thomas Jefferson, 3rd US president
- “If people only knew how hard I’ve worked to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.” ― Michelangelo, master sculpture, painter, architect and poet
- “All happiness depends on courage and work.” ― Honore de Balzac, French author
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” ― Beverly Sills, operatic soprano
- “Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.” ― Unknown
- “Successful people are not gifted. They just work hard, then succeed on purpose.” ― Unknown
- “There is no substitute for hard work.” ― Thomas Edison, businessman and inventor of the phonograph and electric lamp
- “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.” ― Zig Ziglar, ace salesman and motivational speaker
Feeling motivated for exam success?
I hope so!
And if you didn’t find the perfect motivational quote here, I’ve got 49 more inspirational quotes ready and waiting for you!
If studying SMARTER (not just harder!) sounds like the ideal way to boost your grades and ace your exams – you’re not alone! Join thousands of students learning Exam Study Expert’s ULTIMATE secrets for exam success, simply by signing up below and claiming your free cheat sheet now.
- Why Study: Get Inspired With 17 Reasons & Benefits - 20 Jun 2021
- Goal setting for students: 7 top tips for setting the RIGHT goals - 18 May 2021
- 49 Inspirational Quotes to Help You SUCCEED in Your Exams - 1 Apr 2021