Studying for exams is stressful. It is HARD to stay inspired and keep going. Maybe you’ve forgotten why you’re doing this at all?
I get it, I’ve been there.
Which means that I’ve got a sure-fire way for you to find a powerful boost to your exam study motivation:
Sometimes all you need is some inspirational exam quotes.
Even better – a quote you can print (or write!) out, big and bold, and stick somewhere you’ll see every time you sit down to revise. Sound ideal?
Perhaps this is all you need to hear:
“If you don’t do your revision properly, you know what’ll happen? YOU SHALL NOT PASS!”― actor Sir Ian McKellen, channelling Gandalf from Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings”, speaking to students at a high school in Somerset, England
If not, keep reading for an additional 48 powerful, inspirational exam quotes that I have compiled just for you!
Use these handy links to find the best quote to inspire YOU:
- invest in self-belief, chase your goals, overcome your fears, find the courage to persevere, get prepared, eliminate your excuses, just get started
Which quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments section below!
Quotes for investing in self-belief
Maybe self-belief doesn’t come naturally to you. So, until it does, trust ME instead – you CAN do this. Choose one of these inspirational quotes to remind you that you can succeed in your exams:
- “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will.” ― Venus Williams, the first African American World No. 1 tennis player in the modern era
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” ― Christian D. Larson, author and teacher
- “Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.” ― Virat Kohli, Indian cricketer
- “Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do” ― Benjamin Spock, paediatrician and author
- “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” ― Henry Ford, industrialist founder of the Ford Motor Company
- “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ― John Wooden, basketball player and coach
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ― Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist
- “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.” ― Chantal Sutherland, Canadian jockey and model
- “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” ― Gail Devers, American Olympic champion in track and field
Quotes to inspire you to chase your goals
Find some exam inspiration by reminding yourself what you are working TOWARDS with these quotes:
- “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” ― John Maxwell, author and leadership expert
- “If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice.” ― Unknown
- “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” ― Malcolm Forbes, entrepreneur
- “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” ― John F. Kennedy, 35th US president
- “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” ― Henry Ford, industrialist founder of the Ford Motor Company
- “Life is never made unbearable by circumstance, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” ― Viktor Frankl, neurologist, philosopher and Holocaust survivor
- “Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will.” ― Unknown
- “Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams, or wake up and chase them.” ― Unknown
Quotes to inspire you overcome your exam fears
Has exam season got your nerves frayed? Repair your confidence with a boost from these powerful quotes:
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m Possible’.” ― Audrey Hepburn, actress and humanitarian
- “Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.” ― Jules Renard, author – French
- “Fear, inherently, is not meant to limit you. Fear is the brain’s way of saying that there is something important for you to overcome.” ― Unknown
- “I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits the bottom.” ― General George S. Patton, WW2 commander in the US Army
- “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” ― Jamie Paolinetti, pro bicycle racer and film maker
- “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” ― Stephen Hawking, theoretical physicist
- “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” ― Arianna Huffington, founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post
Quotes to give you the courage to persevere
Giving up now might seem easier, but these inspirational quotes will help you KEEP GOING and conquer your exams!
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ― Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ― Thomas A. Edison, businessman and inventor of the phonograph and electric lamp
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.” ― Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” ― Newt Gingrich, former speaker of the US House of Representatives
- “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ― Harriet Beecher Stowe, author
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” ― John Quincy Adams, 6th US president
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” ― Babe Ruth, pro baseball player
Quotes that prompt you to get prepared for exams
Find a quote to remind you to MAXIMISE your chances in your exams by preparing thoroughly:
- “By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.” ― Benjamin Franklin, scientist, author and Founding Father of the United States
- “A woodsman was once asked, ‘What would you do if you had just five minutes to chop down a tree?’ He answered, ‘I would spend the first two and a half minutes sharpening my axe.” ― Anonymous woodsman, popularly attributed to Abraham Lincoln
- “Your life is not a simulation; it’s the real game. Play wisely.” ― Richelle Goodrich, author
- “You were born to win. But to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win and expect to win.” ― Zig Ziglar, ace salesman and motivational speaker
Quotes for eliminating your study excuses
Defeat the urge to procrastinate and get ready to study SMART with some help from these inspirational quotes:
- “Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” ― George Washington Carver, agricultural scientist and inventor
- “My biggest regret could be summed up in one word, and that’s procrastination.” ― Ron Cooper, American artist
- “It’s not the time to look for excuses.” – Rafael Nadal, pro tennis player
- “The real man is one who always finds excuses for others, but never excuses himself.” ― Henry Ward Beecher, social reformer, speaker and clergyman
Quotes to help you just get started
Sometime the hardest thing is just getting started! These inspirational exam quotes will help you dive in and get MOVING:
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”― Zig Ziglar, ace salesman and motivational speaker
- “My advice is, never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” ― Charles Dickens, author, in ‘David Copperfield’
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”― Mark Twain, writer, novelist and author
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” ― Arthur Ashe, pro tennis player
- “It’s the job that’s never started as takes the longest to finish.” ― author J.R.R. Tolkien in ‘The Lord of the Rings’
- “If we wait for the moment when absolutely everything is ready we shall never begin.” ― Ivan Turgenev, Russian novelist
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius, Chinese philosopher and politician
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ― Maria Robinson, child development and early years education author
To round up…
…here’s one final, and very crucial, exam tip from author Terry Pratchett:
“Of course, it is very important to be sober when you take an exam. Many worthwhile careers in the street-cleansing, fruit-picking and subway-guitar-playing industries have been founded on a lack of understanding of this simple fact.”― author Terry Pratchett, in “Moving Pictures”
I hope that you’re feeling inspired to get to work and ace your exams! Good luck!
If you didn’t find a quote that resonated with you, never fear – you can find 41 MORE quotes to motivate you to exam success right here!
And if you’re feeling super inspired and would love to get an advantage for your exams right now, my free exam success cheat sheet will show you EXACTLY how. Sign up below to learn my ultimate secrets to studying SMARTER (not just harder!) and boost your grades today.
- Goal setting for students: 7 top tips for setting the RIGHT goals - 18 May 2021
- 49 Inspirational Quotes to Help You SUCCEED in Your Exams - 1 Apr 2021
- 41 GREATEST Motivational Quotes for Exam Success - 31 Mar 2021