Episode 17 of the Exam Study Expert podcast: “How to survive a PhD: tips from current and former PhDs at Oxford and Cambridge”.
The Exam Study Expert podcast is available on all good podcast platforms, including:
- If you have an Apple iPhone or iPad, we’re available through the Apple Podcasts app.
- You can find us on many other podcast platforms, including Spotify and Stitcher, or simply search for “Exam Study Expert” in your favourite podcast app – we’re probably there!
- Alternatively, you can stream directly from your browser using the player below – just hit the big green “play” button and enjoy:
Are you doing a PhD, or considering doing one some day in the future?
We interviewed six current and former PhD candidates at some of the world’s great universities – Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton – to get the low-down on what it’s really like. They share some great wisdom, sometimes with the benefit of a little hindsight, for how to approach your PhD to make life that bit easier.
If you’re in the middle of a PhD or about to start one, you’ll learn a highly actionable set of tips for:
– Managing your time
– Setting goals
– Staying positive
– Coping when the going gets tough (because it will)
If you’re thinking of doing a PhD one day, our guests today offer a rare insight into what doctorate research is really like – find out what you’re getting into before you take the plunge!
From this episode:
If you’d like to contact video game designer Emma about her research, she is on Twitter @EmmaJoyReay.
If you’d like to connect with me on Twitter for more productivity tips and to let me know how your PhD is going, I’m @ExamStudyExpert.
With thanks to all this week’s contributors:
– Dylan Morris
– Christina Courreges
– Kalina Naidoo
– Aled Walker (find out more about Aled at https://aledwalker.wixsite.com/aled/home)
– Emma Joy Reay (connect with Emma on Twitter @EmmaJoyReay)
– Andrea di Antonio (connect with Andrea on Twitter @DiAntonio823)