Episode 9 of the Exam Study Expert podcast: “Learning Latin and studying languages with Joe Hytner”.
The Exam Study Expert podcast is available on all good podcast platforms, including:
- If you have an Apple iPhone or iPad, we’re available through the Apple Podcasts app
- You can find us on many other podcast platforms, including Spotify and Stitcher, or simply search for “Exam Study Expert” in your favourite podcast app – we’re probably there!
- Alternatively, you can stream directly from your browser using the player below – just hit the big green “play” button and enjoy:
Today we’re talking languages: tricks for memorising your vocab lists more easily, how to get your head round the grammar, and some handy exam technique tips to make sure you get the highest possible grade in your exams.
I’m joined by my friend Joe Hytner, an extremely experienced Classics teacher and private tutor. Joe is a Latin and Greek specialist, but many of his expert tips would apply equally to French, Spanish, German or any other modern language.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
– For high-quality tuition in any subject, check out Joe and his team at www.titaniumtutors.co.uk (in-person in the UK, or online worldwide)
– For John Taylor books, try his Latin to GCSE Part 1 and Part 2.
– For free Eton Greek grammar exercises: www.etoncollege.com/GreekProject
For more on effective learning strategies, check out our blog article about memorisation for exams.