Episode 2 of the Exam Study Expert podcast: “How to be an outstanding student: cultivating critical thinking and creativity with Dr Marie Buda“.
The Exam Study Expert podcast is available on all good podcast platforms, including:
- If you have an Apple iPhone or iPad, we’re available through the Apple Podcasts app
- You can find us on many other podcast platforms, including Spotify and Stitcher, or simply search for “Exam Study Expert” in your favourite podcast app – we’re probably there!
- Alternatively, you can stream directly from your browser using the player below – just hit the big green “play” button and enjoy:
“It’s not about studying more, it’s about studying smart”. The common theme this week is how to be a good student – maybe even a truly outstanding student – through creativity, critical thinking, how to study smart, and how to improve memory.
Dr Marie Buda shares her considerable expertise on:
- CREATIVITY: as an innovation consultant by day, Marie has some fascinating insights to share on how to be more creative as a student, how to draw together ideas and come up with new ones.
- CRITICAL THINKING: in her spare time, Marie coaches students on critical thinking: the art of thinking deeply, logically and critically about information we’re presented with, and how and when to impress your teacher, examiner or admissions tutor by challenging accepted wisdom with critical thinking.
- GOOD STUDY HABITS: keeping on top of your life and your studies, time management for students, and staying in control.
- WAYS TO IMPROVE MEMORY: Marie’s PhD was on memory, and we geek out on some fascinating memory science, including why she turned up to her exams in her pyjamas!
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Six Top Note-Taking Strategies for College Students - 1 Aug 2022
- How to Structure an Essay: Our Top Tips - 29 Jul 2022
- How to Stop Procrastinating and Start Studying With 6 Easy Strategies - 1 Jun 2022