Episode 21 of the Exam Study Expert podcast: “When I Grow Up I Want To Be – A Lawyer”.
The Exam Study Expert podcast is available on all good podcast platforms, including:
- If you have an Apple iPhone or iPad, we’re available through the Apple Podcasts app.
- You can find us on many other podcast platforms, including Spotify and Stitcher, or simply search for “Exam Study Expert” in your favourite podcast app – we’re probably there!
- Alternatively, you can stream directly from your browser using the player below – just hit the big green “play” button and enjoy:
Continuing our “When I Grow Up” season, hear from successful young barrister James Sharpe on what it takes to break into the competitive field of law.
– What life is really like as a lawyer
– The importance of “getting the grades” at school, and how a love of learning helps
– Staying open to the right path
– Getting into competitive universities, and what studying History is really like at an elite University
– Extra curricular passions: theatre, politics, getting used to rejection, and finding the delicate balance with study time
– Studying law and the law conversion course
– How to take your first steps in professional law: vacation schemes, mini-pupillages
With credit to Alan Donegan at the Pop Up Business School (https://www.popupbusinessschool.co.uk/), from whom I shameless borrowed the analogy about Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream.